When it’s time to refinish your hardwood floors, you’ll have two options: hiring a professional to do the job or doing it yourself. Some people love DIY projects and feel that they can take on refinishing their floors themselves, while others feel they will get better results from a professional. If you are currently choosing between DIY and a professional, take a look at the pros and cons of both options and see which one is best for your hardwood floors.
Refinishing Your Hardwood Floors Yourself
- You may be able to save money. If your hardwood floors don’t require a lot of work, it could be cheaper to do it yourself.
- You’ll learn a new skill. Refinishing your hardwood floors probably isn’t something you’ll have to do a lot in your lifetime, but knowing how to do it could be a valuable skill to have in the future.
- You could actually end up spending more money in the long run. If the damage is more extensive than you thought or you do something wrong during the process, you’ll have to start over again or could end up hiring a professional anyway.
- It takes a lot of time. Refinishing a hardwood floor isn’t a quick job, especially if you haven’t done it before. You could end up spending a lot more time on it than you originally thought, taking time away from work, family, and friends.
- You get professional results for your floors. When you hire a professional, you can rest assured that they will leave your floors looking their best thanks to their extensive experience in the hardwood floor restoration business.
- You get to spend your time doing something that you love. Instead of slaving over your hardwood floors, you can spend that time on your hobbies or with friends and family.
- The restoration work could last longer. With professional materials and finishes, your hardwood floor could last longer and look better so you end up spending less money over the course of the life of your floor.
- It could be a larger initial investment. Depending on the kind of work that’s needed, you may have to pay more for a professional to do the work as opposed to doing it yourself.
So Which is Right for You?
If you’ve restored a hardwood floor before and enjoy the work and feel confident that you know what you are doing, you might consider a DIY approach. If you’d rather have long-term professional results that don’t require a big investment of your time, though, then you need to contact JRK Flooring. We can give you a free estimate on your flooring needs so you can see how affordable professional restoration can be. We’ll schedule a time to get to work on your floors when it’s convenient for you. Give us a call or contact us through our website to get started on the hardwood flooring restoration work that you need today!