If you have a busy household, having the right flooring is important for a lot of reasons:
- It can cut down on your cleaning time. Busy households can attract dirt, dust and be prone to stains. Unless you want to be cleaning all the time, you’ll need to find a flooring solution that helps you keep your home cleaner.
- It can help your home look it’s best all the time. Good flooring should help your home look clean…even if it might not be at its best.
- It can help you retain your resale value. When it’s time to sell your home, you want a floor that’s going to help you sell your home for the most money possible.
So what flooring is best for a busy home? Let’s look at two of the most popular flooring options: carpeting and hardwood floors.
Flooring Options for Busy Homes
Carpeting can be a problem for busy households. While carpets may look clean after they’ve been vacuumed, they can actually still be full of allergens that are buried deep in the carpet fibers. In order to get carpets really clean, you’ll need to have them professionally cleaned at least once or twice a year. Staining is going to be an issue with carpets, as well. Pet stains, as well as food and beverage stains, can leave your carpet looking dirty and smelling bad no matter how much you scrub it. Carpet can show traffic patterns, too, looking more worn in the high-traffic areas of your busy household. Unfortunately, carpet doesn’t bring many benefits to a busy and active household, especially if you have kids and pets.
Hardwood floors, on the other hand, can be an ideal flooring material for a busy household.
- They are easier to clean. A quick dust mopping or damp mopping of your hardwood floors should be plenty to keep them clean.
- They are stain resistant. Your hardwood floors should be sealed to prevent liquids from pets and food from staining the wood. This helps you get the liquids up and keep the smells out.
- They are slow to wear out. Hardwood floors are great for long-term use. It can take decades before they start to show the traffic patterns of a home, and those are easily managed with area rugs.
Unlike carpeting that will have to be replaced every five years or so in a busy household, hardwood floors can last for decades. They may need occasional refinishing to keep them looking their best, but in the long run, they are much more durable and long-lasting in a busy household.
We Keep Hardwood Floors Looking Their Best
If you are ready to install hardwood floors into your home, give JRK Flooring a call. We can help with your hardwood floor installation, repair, or refinishing project. Give us a call or contact us through our website and get a free estimate on the work that you need done. We’re looking forward to helping you create a beautiful long-lasting solution for the flooring in your home!